The W. Walworth Harrison Public Library offers a variety of services for its patrons and visitors.
Please call us at (903) 457-2992 with any questions.
- INFORMATION SERVICES - The librarians at our Adult or Children's Department Desks can help you find information on a variety of topics. Whether you need to tile a floor, landscape a garden, travel to Germany, or just write a research paper, we can guide you to a great resource.
- FAX AND COPIER SERVICE - the library fax machine is available to the public for sending and receiving documents during library hours. The fee is $1 per page
Black and white copies are available on standard letter and legal size paper at $.15 per page.
- INTERLIBRARY LOAN - Books not available at this library may be borrowed from other libraries in the state of Texas through the Interlibrary Loan System. If you have a current library card in good standing and have been a WWHPL patron for at least 3 months, simply stop by the reference desk to fill out an Interlibrary Loan Request form. You may request up to three titles at one time.
- MAGAZINES AND NEWSPAPERS - The library currently subscribes to a number of different magazines and newspapers. The library maintains up to 12 months of back issues of magazines (subject to space availability). Most newspapers are kept for one month, except for the Greenville Herald Banner, which is transferred to microfilm. The microfilm issues include various Greenville newspapers dating back to November of 1894.
- MEETING ROOMS - The library's meeting room and conference room are used by the City and the Library for conferences, meetings, activities, and programs related to its services. When these rooms are not scheduled for Library or City related activities, they may be rented for public use. Please contact Tee Ross at (903) 457-2949 or email for specific rules, regulations, and fees for such rentals.
- COMPUTERS - The library has computer workstations available for public use inside the library for up to two hours per day. (Children 12 and under are restricted to 1 hour per day). A library card is required to use a computer. If you do not qualify for a free regular borrower's card you can obtain a free computer-use-only card.
Computers power down 10 minutes prior to closing.
Each computer includes:
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2010 (includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Publisher)
- Black and white printing for $0.15 per page
Computer users under the age of 18 must have parental permission noted on their library card to use an internet computer.
- PROCTORING SERVICE - See Proctoring Policies on this web site for details regarding this service.
- WI-FI SERVICE is available free of charge on your own device. The network is NOT SECURE - use at your own risk.