Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
2. Verify Zoning: Check the official Zoning Map and Permitted Use Schedule in Section 4-1 of the Zoning Ordinance to verify that the proposed use of the property is permitted. Copies of the zoning map and zoning ordinance are available at the Community Development Office at 2315 Johnson St. If the proposed use is not permitted by the City’s Zoning Ordinance, ask the City’s Community Development Staff about options. Property that is zoned Agricultural (A) must be rezoned before a plat or subdivision of the property can be approved (see Section 8-3 of the Zoning Ordinance).
3. Hire Appropriate Design Professionals: All subdivision plat drawings must be prepared by a Texas Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS). All infrastructure construction documents must be prepared by a Texas Registered Professional Engineer (PE).
4. Review the Plat Review Checklist and Chapter 13 of the Code of Ordinances: A complete Plat Review Checklist is required with every plat approval application. The checklist outlines all the information required for your application. Copies of the checklist are available at the Community Development Office at 2315 Johnson St. and are included in the Developer’s and Builder’s Guide.
5. Meet with Staff: Make arrangements to meet with the City personnel responsible for reviewing subdivision plats to discuss the general scope of the project and to clarify issues related to the development of the property and the submission of a plat application. Preliminary sketches and drawings are often helpful during these discussions. Prior to the meeting, the property owner or an authorized agent must complete and sign the Pre-Application Conference form.
6. Prepare Application Materials: After reviewing the Plat Review Checklist, prepare all the information required for your project as outlined in the Checklist.
7. Submit Application: Submit all the required application materials to the Community Development Office at 2315 Johnson St. A complete application must including the following: